M. Pharma Admission from Haryana, Punjab, | Pharmacy Admission 2023-2024
Pt. B D Sharma University, Rohtak- Master of Pharmacy (M Pharma) Regular*, Eligibility, Duration, Fee Structure, Syllabus & Registration
M Pharma Admissions 2023
M Pharma or Masters in Pharmacy is a Post Graduation level course that deals with advanced topics in the field of drug discovery, drug preparation and pharmacy. M Pharma is a 2-year post-graduation course designed to create professionals in the field of healthcare. It is a high-level technical course that helps students specialize in various aspects of pharmaceutical sciences. The M.Pharma course is structured in a manner to provide theoretical, practical, technical and research-level knowledge in the field of pharmacy in both modern as well as traditional drugs. A degree in M.Pharma opens a plethora of opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Eligibility for M Pharma Admissions 2023
To become eligible for applying for an M.Pharma course at any reputed university, a candidate should fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have passed the Bachelors in Pharmacy or B.Pharma from any University recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- The candidate should have cleared the B.Pharma course with a minimum score of 50%. For candidates in the reserved category, the minimum eligibility score could be 45%
Admissions for M Pharma Course
Central pharmaceutical authorities or the Haryana state medical authorities conduct entrance examinations that form the basis of getting entry to the M. Pharma course. The most important M. Pharma entrance examination that is used to qualify students for M Pharma at renowned universities such as MDU, KUK or DCDRUST is the GPAT – Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. This is a test in pharmacy conducted by the National Testing Agency and has been approved by all universities registered under AICTE – All India Council of Technical Education.
Candidates need to first apply for the M. Pharma course at the respective colleges/universities by filling out an online form. After filling in the required details and post getting the GPAT score, every university prepares a merit list of students who have applied for the course. The score in GPAT forms the basis of the merit list for the M.Pharma course at MDU, KUK and DCRUST.
Candidates who clear the cut-off marks for the institutes can secure their admissions for the M Pharma course at the respective institutes by depositing the admissions fees. In case a candidate who clears the cut-off marks doesn’t secure admissions within the stipulated 8 days duration, candidates on the waitlist can then claim admission to the seat depending on their score on the merit list.
MDU university conducts its own entrance test for Masters in Pharmacy courses. However, if candidates possess a valid GPAT test, candidates are exempt from appearing in this entrance examination.
Looking for information on B.Pharma Admission 2023? Find out everything you need to know about B.Pharma Admission, Eligibility, Fees and Registration here !
M Pharma Course Details
M Pharma is a highly specialized course and hence every institute has a limited number of seats for this course. There are various specializations that students can pursue in the course. The specializations include:
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Drug Regulatory Affairs
Some subjects that the M Pharma course includes:
- Modern Analytical Techniques
- Pharmaceutical Production Management
- Product Development
- Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmaceutical Biostatistics
- Advances in Drug Delivery
- Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Intellectual Property Rights
A Master in Pharmacy opens doors for a wide range of opportunities in the field of healthcare. Post the completion of MPharma from a reputed institute one can get access to multiple jobs and career prospects. The knowledge and skills learnt during the MPharma polishes the individual and prepare them for a bright future. One can work professionally in public as well as private organizations. The salary and position of an individual depend upon several factors such as academic qualification, skills, proficiency, personality and interpersonal skills of a candidate.
Below mentioned are some of the job profiles that one can pursue after the completion of MPharma:
- Research Associate: The research associate studies various compounds and conduct research as per the protocol of pharmaceutical association and regulatory bodies.
- Pharmacologist: A candidate with a Master’s degree in Pharmacy can work as a pharmacy practitioner in the research field. The professional conducts lab testing and carries out research. The research is concerned with the usage of drugs, their characteristics, features, dosages, side effects and much more.
- Drug regulator: A drug regulator is responsible for the testing and verification of the safety and quality of drugs. The expert monitors the drug development and examines medicines.
- Clinical Research Analyst: The profile of an analyst includes researching various drugs, testing the same and preparing reports.
- Quality control manager: A pharmacy professional can also work in the quality control department to manage and determine the quality of the drug/medicine.
- Medical Representatives: Medical Representative works with pharmaceutical companies and introduces their product offering to doctors and healthcare professionals.
Different fields for Pharmacy postgraduates:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Fermentation Units
- Production Units
- Health Centers
- Department of National Defense
- Education and Research Institutes
- Food and Drug Administration
- Drug Control Administration
- Health and Welfare Provincial Research Council